Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 5 Still On it.

  • Day 5 is in the books and i have to admit with the weight just remaining steady it was a little tough to get it done this morning. I may try to put an additional cardio session in later this afternoon.

    Not real sure what the strategy is to this point but to just get into the habit of doing something every day. I am trying to concentrate a little on core body exercises to establish a solid base to work from.

    I think i have talked myself in to a short term goal of completeing the Azalea Trail Run with an eye on coming in under 1 hour. (Really a strecth but it is on the must do before i die list and i would need to check this one off prior to 40 - 45 so why not start now.)

    Today's Summary Wt. 216
    Cardio
    33:00 Mins
    146 Avg Heart
    5006 Strides
    379 Calories
    2.47 Miles

    Core
    Day 1 Perfect Push Up
    3x10 20lb Dumbell Press
    50 Reg Crunch on Exercise Ball

    Coming soon we introduce 10.5 to the Blogosphere!



2 comments:

Deano "aka" Jimmy Joe Meeker "aka" Fat Elvis said...

Love the updates...just be sure to keep them coming. Don't worry so much about the scale sticking when it comes to the weight loss (I am sticking myself). I think you got the right idea....just get the train moving. It takes a few weaks to just get the engine warmed up again. I like the idea of doing some core work. I was just talking the other day about how i wish I could get some yoga involved. I really have noticed that I am not limber and I have no real knowledge of how to effectively stretch. I am relying on my partner to help me stretch and i can deffinetly tell the difference and it allows me to get more out of every workout. Just keep plowing the field....you are killing it right now with all the cardio and the dumbels. I really want those perfect push up things to. I have the same approach when it comes to the first month or so of diet. You make huge steps by just eating less junk and more vegies, etc. Keep the faith and just keep working! Dont get discouraged and remember that summer is still a good ways away.

Deano "aka" Jimmy Joe Meeker "aka" Fat Elvis said...

Send me your height, current weight, age and avg body weight over the past year. I want to run some figures up on you and get your BMI, BMR, maintenace calorie needs etc. Send it to the Rockfordfilestcb@yahoo. Maybe it will help with the diet.